CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cookbook


For those of you who encountered my cooking skills growing up
or in college...please erase all cheese toast from your mind.
James and I love eating out and have loved all the amazing
food that Seattle offers.
Indian, Thai, Pho, French, Italian.... (though I've only found
AND
we have started sprucing up our cooking skills in the last
few years. I actually really love to cook and although
I don't hold a candle to some amazing chef friends
I have here in Seattle...
I'm getting better.
and this little cookbook is helping.

I LOVE THIS BOOK!
I bought it a year ago and I pick at least one
new recipe a week to cook. This is way more
than a cookbook. I couldn't put it down when I
first got it. The have tested every way that you could
make each item and tell you all the secrets.
What you could substitute,
what pan to use, if you are going to use
a store bought brand..which tasted best.
My favorite aspect is that
it tells you easy methods to make
food from scratch. Goodbye mixes and shiny packages
of seasonings. All the food we have made from the book
turns out great every time.....
You can buy one here.

so. go get one. and tell me which recipes you like. My dear
friends Sarah and Bryan got it and we are already swapping
recipes. Sarah, any thoughts???

xo
Chef Sarah

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We LOVE this cookbook! On your recommendation, I bought it for Bryan for Valentines Day. The best part is, it fits both our cooking philosophies (mine: what can I make in 10 minutes with whatever is in the fridge? his: what is the most elaborate process involving trips to 3 stores and gadgets we don't own and usually at least 24 hours of marinating something?).

The "how-to" parts of the book are great for those of us who grew up with some cooking knowledge but not the basic education that our moms got from their moms. Like a whole page of photos to illustrate the different between diced, minced, chopped, etc. Brilliant.

I recommend the lasagne recipe - it's gotten rave reviews when I've made it.

PS: For the record, I'd eat cheese toast with you anytime.

Diana said...

Sarah, I knew you and I were meant to be friends from so long ago but this post just confirms the fact that we are meant to be! I own TWO of theirs and to be honest with you I LOVE them. They are known in our home as the "blue bible and the Red Bible" Truly because they are GREAT!!! We love the pizza margherita and lemon bars, lemon merigue pie...oh, really the list goes on and on! Oh, I really like the red enchilada sauce from scratch. Normally you buy it in the metal cans and it tastes like metal, Their recipe is super easy and it is awesome to freeze! Anyways, I could go on and on...welcome to the best way of cooking! WE LOVE YOU - My kids still LOVE to clean up to the "birdie song!"

Desiree Ward said...

Sarah, CHEESE TOAST. I had to laugh thinking of cheese toast, and my college favorite spirals macaroni and cheese. I agree since starting a little family I have loved starting to cook as well. I love this book, I just got it from the library, and can't put it down. I love the banana bread recipe. Some of the recipes are a little heavy and so I play around with them quite a bit but they are a good base. HOW ARE YOU by the way. I miss my little loon. When are you coming here next. P.s. I need your address I owe you ten bucks and a letter letting you know how much I love ya.