This is a picture of June only a few days old...
And now at 5 months!
I am also trying to establish good NAPS!!! ahhh! This is harder than I thought it would be, Junie only naps for 30 min at a time, so anyone have some nap magic they want to share???? I have a few ideas, but I know so many of you are experienced moms!
9 comments:
Hey Juney, I was so hoping that I could see some new picts of you. I can't believe how big you are getting. I am missing you like crazy. Love, Gramma
no experience here - sorry. She's adorable though - wow. It makes me really excited for the next 6 months!
What a beautiful little girl! I linked to your blog through the profiles section where we all have our favorite music artists listed. Hope you don't mind me looking around. You're welcome to visit my site if you wish.
A mother of four (me) will say that naps are tricky at that age. I always nursed my babies to sleep. Sometimes they slept for hours, sometimes for only 1/2 hour like June. Although it sounds cruel, I would leave baby in his/her crib until naptime was over, based on a time that I had decided, not the time that baby woke up. Headphones got me through it if baby cried. I would also wake baby up at the same times every day. We stuck to a regular schedule and I tried not to vary it too much. It's hard, especially with your first.
Good luck!
She is so so cute! You take some pretty great photos! Hmmm. Naps? Well, I know that I nap really well when I work really hard...so maybe you could get her doing some chores around the house, yes? Ha!
She's such a doll. I LOVE that smile. Are you the professional photgrapher? I love the pictures.
Naps...I'm with the other comment, you pick the times during the day you want her to nap. My kids have taken a morning nap and afternoon nap. It was the same routine...Night time sleeping 7pm-8am. Then breakfast, play time, nap time 10-11:30am then lunch, play time, nap 1-4pm. Then awake time, dinner time, bath time, bedtime 7pm. Then it starts all over again.
I've heard to just keep them in there until they realize that it's going to happen day after day. It's hard but, I'd do the same thing, same routine, bath, lotion, books, etc. It will work! No worries. Good Luck - you'll do great!
how amazing! time just flies! she is so smiley, I love it. My sis lives and dies by the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I don't know what it says but she loves it.
Hey Sarah! I was happy to come across your blog! June is so dang cute!!!!! I cant believe she is 5 months already! Crazy!
I honestly don't remember dealing with naps. I think routine is key for sure. I'm sure you've tried getting her all tuckered out with no success. Remember that everything is a phase...this can't last long. Once she starts napping normally, then it will be another challenge. :)
Laurel criddle
what an adorable little 5 month old! I agree with the routine thing. I didn't have one with my first baby. big mistake! It makes life SO MUCH EASIER for everyone. you know what's going to happen, and so does baby. They thrive on routine.
good luck!
look at you all grown up with a kid and everything! hopefully i can go to one of your other shows here in ut!
Post a Comment