Here is a picture of my Halloween when I was in First Grade at Cold Springs School in Santa Barbara CA. I was a punk rocker, I am accompanied by my brothers zorro and death and my beautiful gone with the wind mom.

Now, this is not a halloween photo of my hubby...but he is a true gremlin:
Here are some other great halloween photos: first Kate and I were tree fairies of some sort

Many Halloweens at Utah State University...including James as a q-tip and me as a bat, I have to say James outfit was one of the best I saw that year
the seniors from the 70's
the roomies from the 80's, this outfit included ugly dancing

juniors in saran wrap dresses with bubble wrap finishes

sophomore Harley Girls, fran my cousin is the punk on the left

and freshman firefighters (we went to the fire station and sweet talked our way into borrowing our outfits!)

Now... onto other reasons to dress up:
No, this next picture is not a costume...but it does highlight my leather peace sign necklace I never took off and my awesome taco bell fannypack.

Or the Family Photo is another great reason to dress up in color coordinated outfits:

Front and center, green dress

far left, fake pearl earrings

(note the incredible collar on this one ! front center again)
Then there are dance performances: I was Puck in midsummers night dream...nothing like leotards

Then there is dressing up for Birthday Parties! This was Ashley Sanders and I turn 41. A dress up party, ash was covered in feathers attached by honey and I was a rose.

James came to this Birthday Party as a gift to me...he is the greatest gift I've ever received.

James also looks incredible in a moo moo

James and I have dressed up several times for the outdoors.



James is a great climber...I love him in rock climbing gear.
James and I also like to try on the ugliest hats we can find. these two are pretty good.


My all time favorite day of dress up day was March 8, 2003

Then there was dressing up our dog for halloween:
Noodle the chicken
And now my favorite Halloween....Junie's First Halloween: The cutest Peapod I've ever seen!



Here is to dressing up. Happy Halloween!
15 comments:
Great post Sarah! Glad to see your still blogging-I was getting worried. Love the peapod pictures!
Sarah-
So fun to see all your pics of the past! I loved the Utah State pictures, it brings back many fond memories. I love your little pea pod...I saw that costume a few days ago and thought how adorable it was. But my little rascal is to big for it. So I am happy to see the costume made it on a stinkin cute baby. The best part is she is wrapped up like a mummy and still smiling. What a sweetie!
That was such a cool post! You are a dedicated dresser-upper! K, seriously June is SOOOOOOOo cute! Love the peapod!!!! I need to hold that little one and just smother her!
What a great post! I'm laughing because I too am dedicated to dressing up whenever I can and we have had some similar costumes over the years. I just wish I had pictures of mine! Thanks for sharing all the pictures, I have more ideas for next year. :)
Sarah, I love all photos! It's fun to see what you guys like to do together and see your individual personalities! James makes an awesome Q-tip :) And I love the bubble wrap dress! Junie is cuteness overload! How do you stand it?! She's so snuggly :) Catch up with ya more soon! <3 Em
Hey...talk about a bunch of hams. We loved all the pictures. We have been homesick for that little sweet pea and now we are dying to give Junie a hug. Where did you get the moo moo James? We love you a bushel and a peck..of peas, Mum and Dad
Love the photos!!
You got your momma's looks :-)
June is so DARLING!!!
I also LOVE Halloween, it lets my crazy come out without feeling that people are judging me :-) or maybe..they are :_(
Tell James thanks so much for the gloves ;-)
Ok-so here's what you do...go to layout, then click "add a gadget", then click "blog list". Then you hit "add link" then you type in the blog address you want(this s the crapy part-you have to re enter in everyones blogs) dont forget the wwwad the.com. Then hit add or somehting like that. then it will pop up and say the name of the blog-mine would come up as "brown paper packages" then you can hit rename and put in what ever you like-"Missy and Jake". There are check boxes ubove that let you add the picture or the title of the post or just time of last update. Also if you want them listed alahb. or by most recent post(I think this on better). Anyway let me know if you have any questions. We would love to see your name pop up on the top of our blog list more often-much love-Missy
Sarah, hope you don't mind my blog snooping, but I found your blog through Ricki's. Anyway, great pics. You have the world's cutest peapod.
oh my heeck!!!! she is adorable!!
what a fun post! And such a sweet little pea pod!
I just love any and all photos from the 80s! The Q-tip is awesome, you were obviously always as cool as you are now, and your little peapod is so cute you just want to eat her up with a good viniagrette!
haha! I totally love those pictures! Especially June, what a cute little pod she is. So, just don't tell anyone that I still wear fake pearl earings. Living the dream...
I love dress ups too and it is so fun to see all your favorites (past and present). Your little yitter is adorable. Seriously Adorable. Sure wish we could play together (you me, and the little ones).
Seriously! I LOVE all those photos! What a great post. Loves!
Post a Comment