CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My first QUILT!

I would like to show off my first quilt! I did a really simple pattern, based on 3 blocks cut into different sizes from 20 fat quarters. It was fun and easy and I made the top within about 3 days. I basically went on this website and fell madly in love with almost all their fabrics (www.alewivesfabrics.com) then I chose 20 patterns, they cut them into fat quarters and mailed them priority!
I then craigslisted a quilter who machine quilted the top and bound it for me. I love everytime I come into my room and see my quilt. I got some good cutting/sewing hints from Nikki's blog http://nikkiinstitches.wordpress.com/ and I loved the little pattern book I used for the quilt, I highly recommend it for someone who is a beginner or who wants to make something fast. http://www.alewivesfabrics.com/patterns?cat_id=35&prod_id=132

Here it is:

I loved this little pattern, it is of tadpoles that turn to frogs. ha ha.

8 comments:

The Airharts said...

WOW!!! Pretty cool Sarah! I realy am impressed!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Sarah, that is so impressive! You did a great job, and thanks for the shoutout!

Jane Durham said...

It's been a goal of mine for a while now to make my first quilt...I just haven't buckled down to do it. I love it Sarah. Have you seen fresh cuts fabrics? They remind me of you.

Ricki said...

That is so beautiful! Your last two posts have inspired me to pull out some sewing projects I've been putting off - sewing is intimidating for me, a beginner for about 15 years. Thanks. :)

Katie and Jeff Wood said...

oh wow that is beautiful!! i am very impressed :) its been a while- but we hope all is well with you! so how is the music going? how is cute June doing? xoxo Katie and Jeff

Leanne said...

awesome, I love the fabrics.

Ann Marie said...

so very, very pretty!

Ms. McDonald said...

Sarah,
I turned out really well, I love the modern crazy quilt style that you chose. It is like you said, fall in love with the fabrics and then figure out what to do with them!