CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Let's Make Something Pretty!

So a few month ago I posted this. The first 5 to leave comments got something I made this year. So here was the prize: hip mama wrist cuffs!
I thought they were really fun and easy to make and I loved that each one was different. If you want the pattern go here.

My other project was to make an earring and necklace rack. I just took a painting canvas ( you can also do this with a picture frame), covered it in a heavy weight fabric, and stapled it to the wooden frame on the back with a staple gun. Then you use push pins or nails on the bottom row so that you can hang necklaces. I love seeing my jewelry out on display, like I'm in a fun boutique picking out a new piece of jewelry instead of having all my jewelry at the bottom of a drawer.
Note: some of my friends know that I love jewelry and when they travel the world I ask them to bring me back something for me. In the photo I see a necklaces from Mauri when she was in China, one from Jane when she was in Italy, and I think also another beauty from Anna Banana when she was in Italy. Girls, tell the stories of where you bought these beauties if you read this! if you don't see the piece of jewelry you brought to me, it may have been worn to pieces :)

4 comments:

Jane Durham said...

I bought your necklace at a crowded street market in...what city was it? I think it was Cuneo. I'd been looking for one and it was bright and bold like Sarah. I wish the story was more exciting, but I just saw it and thought it was the one. I love those things you made btw, I've been wearing it as a bracelet, how do you wear it? You should name them.

Ann Marie said...

Your necklace came straight from Florence...oh, such a happy place! There were so many beautiful things to choose from...but when I saw this necklace I knew its elegance was perfect for such an elegant woman!
I LOVE that you have so many pretty jewels from all over the world.

emmy said...

I love these! And I am so sad I did not make the cut for the free hip cuff. Maybe next time.

But I love the jewelry display - I was just contemplating what to do with all mine, now that Cash has discovered what drawer I keep it all in (let's have a moment of silence for the destroyed necklaces and earings). I just might have to make me such a display. God bless you and all your craftiness.

side note: Yes - Maggie's role was so funny. The best part about it: I have really met moms like that. I just loved that movie, and that we are in movie sync.

Belkycita said...

Hehehe I can't wait to show off my new accessory ;-)

I had just seen that ear ring canvas done in other sites, I really like yours, maybe I will venture myself to make one.