CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Guadalupe


"The Guadalupe
has seen its fair share..."


Every summer my family returns to the Guadalupe River to share a few days of Texas sun together. It was a crucial part of my childhood. To be in a secluded area; no phone, no computer, nothing to do but swim and laugh and go to the two step country dance and rodeo and fall in love with the local cowboys and eat fresh peaches and swim and laugh and remember how good the sun can feel as you get out of the cold water.
This year I returned as a mother. Something my sweet cousin Fran and I talked about every year. "Won't it be so fun when we come back to the river with our husbands and kids"

Well, this was the first year that I returned to the river as a mother. There was not much "lounging" time in lawn chairs...however there was something still so magic about being there and watching my child play in the river that I grew up playing in. Something really warming about being an adult with all my other adult siblings and cousins. I loved it. I will never stop loving the Guadalupe. I hope that my kids have the same adventures I had.

here are a few photos: (note, my dad who is a photographer took many of these great pics of junie, they feel like portraits to me, thanks dad)








6 comments:

Kate said...

love love love you sarah. and your darling june has all your beauty. what great pics! it was fun to remember jonny too. i miss you and your way of making my world smile. so glad for blogs that help keep us in touch

Ann Marie said...

oh, how wonderful! i remember you telling me stories about your trips on the river. so good of you to let Junie have the same experience! you, your little babe, and your family all look wonderful. miss you!

Leanne said...

She is getting so big! wow. what a fun place to go!

Emily Burnette said...

Such great photos to remember June's first trip to your special retreat! You and your daughter are beautiful! I love how nostalgic your words are(I'm the same way when it comes to childhood memories) :)

Diana said...

What a great perspective on life! I love your words. Not to mention seeing your GREAT photos. You are both beautiful. That vacation sounds relaxing...but I totally agree, we have less lounging then we did before the kids came! Yet, it is more enjoyable now that they are here! I miss you!

emily ballard said...

Sarah!

Beautiful pictures! June is adorable. I am so glad to have stumbled across your blog. I'm adding it to my list so I can peek in on you!

I am still kicking myself for missing your concerts in Utah. Derrick has a baby, and that adds lots of drama to my life, and, well, the concerts just happened to take place on one of those weeks. . .