CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

otters and octopi and obama

Family has been in town this last weekend for Junie's Blessing. The blessing was beautiful, wish the weather would have matched the event. While everyone was in town we went to the Seattle Aquarium, I felt like I was 8 again.

The McDonald Family at June's Blessing

Kate, Mom, and Juan walking in Queen Anne

Do you see the size of those suckers...yes that is the official name

a whale meal

the ladies

my lady

the sea otters were my favorite part of the aquarium. They eat 25% of their body weight a day!!!!! James said that would be like him eating 40 pounds of food a day.

Now for the next important topic. Yay for Obama! I have liked Obama for a long time and James and I have been more motivated to be involved early this time around. James even became a back up delegate for the Caucus in our area. Now that Obama has clinched the democratic nomination for President....this leads to my next important moment..... A free dinner at one of my favorite places to eat: Trulucks in Austin.
My dad and I have had an ongoing bet as to who would take this nomination: Barack or Hilary... dinner was the wager and I am looking forward to my steak medallions. Thank you Barack!

If you live in Austin...you have got to try Trulucks...so so good.

6 comments:

Jane Durham said...

out and about, yay for sarah! looking good sar. cute pic of june, ditto on obama. loves-

Melissa Thatcher said...

SSAAAARRRAAAHHHHH. (echo, echo, echo). HI! Why have me not talked in so long?! I am in love with June. She is the most beautiful baby ever. I am so happy for you - look at your beautiful life in Seattle!

Ann Marie said...

Man! You've already got a flat belly again! Your family looks so good. I love seeing photos of your mom--she makes me smile.

Glad you won the bet!

Diana said...

Your "my lady" picture of your baby is adorable. What a sweet little thing. I am so happy to see the events in your life. You are a dear friend from the past that I think of so often. I love your smile, your light is contagious! I love you, clear back here in Utah!

Ricki said...

What a beauty little June is. No surprise there! Congrats on your bet, enjoy your dinner extra hard for me--a new vegetarian. :)

natalie said...

great pics!! wow! june is absolutely adorable! got your message--will set something up. hope all is well. will call soon.
nat