CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Great Review of the New Album


So....sorry for the self promotion. BUT, this is a sweet little review of the new album I wanted to share by Spencer Sutherland with "IN utah this week":

"I was hoping that with a name like Sarah Sample, the Utah native would be some killer club DJ. She's not. Though the acoustic folk of "Born to Fly" couldn't be further removed from the dancehall, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sample's strummy-strum guitar and vocal tunes become much bigger thanks to the help of producer Scott Wiley. The tracks were recorded live, with Sample backed by nine other musicians (including most of Salt Lake City's Atherton.) The result is a collection of songs that feel organic and complete, without sounding overdone.

The EP begins with the light hearted title track sing-along before becoming more somber. Sample's voice is completed nicely by the subtle hints of piano and banjo on the very subdued "Mercy Me." There are brilliant harmonies throughout, but the most rewarding is when Sample duets with Dustin Christensen on "Get Caught." This is a great album for a Sunday afternoon.

-- Spencer Sutherland"

http://dev.inthisweek.com/view.php?id=97722

8 comments:

Ann Marie said...

what kind of a friend am I?! i haven't purchased my own copy yet...i'm on it, stat!

you're beautiful, sarah!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Sarah!

ike and em said...

I love the album design and can't wait to listen to it. You are SO talented.

Belkycita said...

You are awesome!

Laurel Criddle said...

Thats my girl!!! I loved your album...even Ryan would bop his head to the music. So cute! Sooo proud of you!

Johnsons said...

Can't wait to hear it. We're excited to move home so we can go to some of your concerts!! The only thing remaining to progress your career is to have Nobody Special open for you!!

Shaun and Maren said...

That's awesome Sarah! I will have to get my copy soon!

You up for a roomie reunion late this summer?

Mum said...

Makes me want to fly, too. Da, da, da, da. That song just reverberates in my mind and makes me happy. Sage advice in the lyrics, too.

My second favorite is "Used to You." You are amazing.

Mum and Poppa