CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools


I was not involved in the prank above...but
My main prank: Tell James and my Mom that "my water just broke!" James by text due to class and mom by phone.
Main Reactions: James - texts promptly "are you joking?" as he is swiftly packing up computer and school gear to run out of class.
Mom- heart racing and general freak out "I'm about to be a Grandma" moment, before realizing that it is joke, then promptly informing me how unfair that trick was. OK, maybe slightly unfair.
two for me :)

The Payback:
Well, if you watched the Price is Right last Monday you would know that I won a TV, Scuba gear, and a bed. So today James signs up for a fake email account and sends a very believable email to "CBS Price is Right Contestants" informing me that I will have to pay 40% of all my prizes due to a new "delivery fee" and several other penalties. It looked very real and official, and I did not once think it was a prank...a scam maybe...but not a prank. After I freaked out a minute...the plot was revealed. one for James.

final tally: Sarah still ahead.
Well, I'm 37 weeks on Friday and I feel like June could come any moment. I'm sure that most first moms feel that way.

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Good jokes! James had a good revenge indeed. But you did take the cake I'll have to admit. I really didn't do ANYTHING for the big day, and now I'm regretting it...maybe next year!

Leanne said...

Awesome. Nothing like a good joke about the up-coming birth of your child. Kudos! And good luck!