
today started badly.
couldn't get out the door.
when I did, people were rude.
did have a large dr. pepper that started to turn things around for me.
did a bit of songwriting.
did more listening. to the incredible
Dinah Washington.
Does anyone reading love Dinah?
She is really something.
I have to thank my father for this find when I was young. And I listened to Dinah Washington all through junior high into high school. he made me a cassette from a record, and I played that tape over and over in my ghetto 85' toyota pick up truck named lulu. I think I even made my best friend, Sarah Wysel, a dinah mixed tape when I was in 9th grade. We would sing along with dinah with the windows down.
today, what really pulled me from my funk was Dinah Washington.
My favorite songs:
Red Sails in the Sunset
Is you is or is you aint my baby
You're nobody till somebody loves you
what a difference a day makes
Baby, You've got what it takes.
xo
2 comments:
I remember this, and also a day where we ditched dance and stayed in your house while it rained outside listening to Dinah (and Otis and Ella) on the record player. Where we living in the wrong decade or what? I love you and I'm glad that music (and Dr. Pepper) perked up your day.
thank you for reminding me of the power of dinah! i find it so wonderful that it is usually good music that pulls me out of a funk too. hoping today goes a little smoother for you!
Post a Comment