CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Waiting


Had an experience recently with a show I had booked.
Something had changed and I emailed to confirm.
no answer.
emailed again 10 days later.
no answer.
emailed again 2 weeks later.
no answer.
called and left a message a few days later.
no answer.
mentally freaking out. assumed booker hates
me and will cancel the show
because surely you would communicate unless you were upset at me.

decided to hope for the best and
not waste more energy second-guessing.
booker emailed today.
just busy. everything is fine. she is excited we are coming to play.
prayer said. thank you heaven.

Why is it that space makes for insecurity.
like if I make a comment and the person doesn't respond
right away, I automatically go to "i've offended."

Here is to making decisions and standing by them.
Here is to giving people the space they need.
Here is to no more second-guessing.
at least for today.

and here is my pod, in her new snowsuit.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Sarah, I really like this! I think I need to print it out and hang it somewhere...so often we are secure about something and then we doubt. There is something to this...Thanks for helping me think a little deeper today! You are always insightful and I appreciate that more than you know!

Melissa Thatcher said...

I hear you so loud and clear. I do this ALL THE TIME!! Thanks for putting it to words for me.

Unknown said...

This post just makes me miss you! Because it reminds me of this conversation we've had about this very topic! Remember? How could anyone not book you? You're freaking amazing! :) I MISS YOU! COME HOME SOON ALREADY! I NEED A GIRLS NIGHT ALREADY! :) Dance class just isn't the same when I can't look over at you rockin' it while I fumble! :)

Cailean said...

This is an answer to a long-suffering prayer of mine. I am grateful for your words of wisdom!