
The Madison Arm: Paul Jacobsen leads this band. Scott Wiley on guitars, Ryan Tanner on keys, Tilby on bass, Pat Campbell on drums. I saw them open up for WPA on thursday night. THEY KILLED IT! I know all of these players fairly well, they all played on my Born to Fly album, and Scott produced my last 2 records. BUT, I don't know that I have ever seen them like this. They were on fire. And frankly, Paul's songwriting is way better than any of the songs played by WPA. Every song of the night developed and evolved on stage. The dynamics were perfection from the tenderness of "I'm on your side" to feeling as if the roof might fly away on a cover of Dominic Moore's" Apocalypse Wow." Bravo friends. Big things are coming your way. I loved witnessing it from the beginning. To hear their music click HERE.

My Grandma: Carol Price. Her Father was a farmer with a few Clydesdale horses, and he could play a mean piano song by ear. Her mother used to say that she would do the dishes if my grandma would practice the piano. And she did. Grandma plays the piano every holiday season for us to sing along with. She and I also love to play and sing "God Bless the Child," "Can't Help Loving that Man," and our favorite "Georgia on My Mind." She is 81 and currently in a care center to receive some therapy for a hurt shoulder and leg. It is hard for me to witness my Grandma in this state. Her memory is fading and her hands shake when she plays, I honestly don't know how many more songs we will get to sing together. I brought my uke in last week. I only know 2 keys to play in, but we sang for an hour. I loved it. She sang the harmonies on every song, and at one point started doing a really great echo part that she made up on the spot. I love you Carol Price. Here is a song I wrote about my Grandparents love story: when you get to this page click on the song "Good Life."
xo
s
2 comments:
so jealous you got to go the show. my first acquaintance with those guys was at one of their shows and i had the chills most of the time.
don't tell any of them, though. goes straight to their heads.
Thanks, Sarah (and The Despot). One of you is too sweet, the other too despotic.
Post a Comment