CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Witness: Jane, Nat, and God

Witness: Take 4
Today I had the gift of spending a
few hours with my friends Jane and Nat.
2 hours. 1 kitchen. Laughing, remembering, eating
spinach and pear salads plus quesadillas.
These two are not only inspiring women, but they are brilliant mothers.

This is Jane and Peter. They are such an inspiring pair. Peter is a miracle, and today I sat at this table and witnessed Peter in person for the first time. I couldn't help my heart from welling up all the way to my eyes at the sight of him. Jane has been a perfect example of courage, faith, love, and wisdom. Today she spoke of how she felt so blessed to be Peter's mother, they have traveled a rocky road together and Jane continues to see and feel the sunlight through it all. I love you Jane. I love you Peter, I felt a little closer to God today sitting next to you.

This is Natalie and her beauty Samantha Jane.
Natalie is someone that I always love to be around. She doesn't
mess around, and I love her for it. She is straightforward and
at the same time incredibly tender. Nat is a nurse, and I understand why her patients ask for her
to stick around. The oldest in a big
family, I think she grew up learning to take care
of people. I always feel loved when I
am around her. Also, she is so quick
and funny. I laugh about 60% of
our conversations. And wow, what a beautiful
in-tune mother.
I love you Nat and Samantha!
ps. Sam, thank you for the
sweet cuddle you gave me today.


June: today she saw her life jacket and insisted upon
wearing it all day until her nap. so funny this little peapod.

Alma 26:11 "... my bjoy is full, yea, my heart is brim with cjoy, and I will rejoice in my God."

God: Today I found myself crying several times.
And every time was because my heart was full to the brim just witnessing the goodness God has created. The color of the trees in slc in the fall, thinking about a mother who spent everyday for 3 months in a hospital watching over her new baby boy, listening to James Taylor's "close your eyes," remembering how good it feels to spend time with people who really know you, hearing James tell me he got another interview for his residency, and feeling overwhelmed with the love I have for a little sprout who wears a life jacket for fun and has saved my heart from drowning many times.





5 comments:

Diana said...

I LOVED this one Sarah. You are leaving an impression with so many. I will follow your example shortly and start writing. At the moment I haven't come up for air to have enough time to dedicate to this. But stay posted I will do it soon! Thank you for such a beautiful and insipiring idea! You truly are amazing! I love you tons!!!

Jane Durham said...

thanks Sar. Love you too.

Ann Marie said...

such beautiful women. grateful to know jane and nat through you, sarah. you're all so beautiful and kind...and fantastic mothers!

thanks for befriending this awkward, loner-of-a-woman!

J Wells said...

"saved my heart from drowning..."

i'm in love with that sentiment.

M said...

what a beautifully written sentiment about beautiful women - yourself included. I hope to grow up to be a mom like you three. Sad to be out of town while you were here. Hope to see you soon!